UNC Charlotte – Bonnie Cone Center
Charlotte, North Carolina
The Cone University Center was named for Dr. Bonnie E.Cone, who is recognized as the founder of the University. Dr. Cone was a teacher with the institution in 1946 when it was the Charlotte Center of UNC. She went on to serve as director and president of Charlotte College. In 1965, Charlotte College became The University of North Carolina at Charlotte and Dr. Cone became its first Chancellor. Bonnie Cone was the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs until her retirement.